IonBenchTM, manufacturer of mobile benches for scientific instruments, and especially designed for Mass Spectrometers.
IonBenchTM is supplying pharmaceutical, environmental, clinical and university laboratories.
IonBenchTM products are designed to ease the day to day use of your LC/GC/MS, by providing a significant number of features that makes your working conditions better:
- Quieter environment with an integrated noise reduction enclosure, including cooling. system based on silent fan technology and with an overheating temperature alarm (audible & visual, on a battery back-up).
- Increased accessibility with a fully movable Mass Spectrometer bench.
- Vacuum pumps stored on a specific patented absorbing vibration rack
- Better ergonomics and security in labs, by using a bench designed for your application taking into consideration your specific requirements! (Electricity, monitor arm, solvent storage…)
Ion Benches are compatible with all major Mass Spectrometry brands, such as Agilent, AB Sciex, Bruker, Jeol, Leco, Perkin Elmer, Shimadzu, Thermo Scientific, Waters..
Noise reduction cabinet for vacuum pumps
- Noise reduction performance : - 15 db(A) (75% reduction in noise perception)
- Compatible with one, two or more vacuum pumps
- Silent technology cooling fans (110/220 V, 50/60 hz)
- Thick special acoustic foam covers the interior of the cabinet
- All requirements related to security are taken into account in the conception [ventilated enclosure by double ball bearing fans, use of non flammable materials (class 1 rated), and use of heat resistant materials]
- Noise reduction cabinet integrates an audible & visual (red LED) overheating temperature alarm (on battery backup) for an increased vacuum pump lifetime. Check it out below.
Overheating temperature alarm
In case of air intake or air exhaust obstruction, the air inside the noise enclosure could exceed the limits set by vacuum pump manufacturers for the pump operation at best capacity.
With this sensor, if the temperature is going above an acceptable limit, the alarm will operate (a red led will light on and an audible continuous alarm by buzzer will start – ~ 90 dB).
Alarm Test function: test switch button available to make sure batteries are charged and alarm is functional. When pushing the switch, the red led will light on and a continuous audible sound by buzzer will start if the system is correctly operational.
Operating by 2 x 1.5 AA Batteries - independent from noise enclosure main power supply.
One issue that is not addressed by conventional lab furniture for mass spectrometers is the vibration translated by the vacuum pump toward the mass spectrometer. Excessive vibration reduces the performance and lifetime of turbomolecular pumps inside the mass spectrometer, and thus diminishes performance and hastens costly repairs. The IonBench solution is to apply patented coil spring based vibration dampeners that reduce vibration by 99%.
- Specific system avoids vibrations being telegraphed from the primary vacuum pumps to the Mass Spectrometer (especially to the Turbomolecular pump inside the MS)
- High quality vibration dampening system, patented and based on custom build springs system
- Calibrated springs according to your vacuum pump configuration (rotation speed, frequency and weight)
- Optional oil drip pan can be provided for each vacuum pump
(US patent pending IonBench 2011, EU Solo IonBench 11/08/2010, CH listed 5378-2789-GODA)
Pipes and cables management
Cable management is usually a main concern regarding mass spectrometers instruments. IonBench are designed to avoid potential tangle of wiring & cables which is a major safety concern.
- Pipes and cables channels go through the worksurface
- Direct connection from Mass Spec vacuum pipe to the vacuum pump(s) inside the Noise Reduction Cabinet
- Signification Space saving with a compact bench design (>30% compared to a standard MS installation configuration)
- Eliminate trip hazards & protusion into walkways
Solidly built lockable casters. Simplify moving the system to get an easy access to the rear of the instruments.
And many available options :
- Electrical sockets integrated on the bench (110 or 220, 50/60 Hz)
- Flat screen monitor arm
- Drawer Bank with Three (3) Full Extension Lab Drawers
- Retractable Keyboard shelf
- Solvent/Waste storage accessories
- Standard worksurface ChemRes, epoxy resin worksurface version upgrade available on request
- Oil drain plug with ball bearing valve & oil drain pump (for an easy,quick and clean oil change process)
- Custom requirements (specific size, color, shape....)
- Ajustable height solutions for HPLC carts
Fully movable bench with a weight capacity above 440 kg / 970 lbs and Chemical resistant worksurface for laboratory applications. Different bench sizes available depending the configuration of the LC/GC/MS. Black steel powder coated frame.